Sunday, February 19, 2006

Getting Naked & Crunched

Yes as mentioned below, I was went to the Techcrunch Meetup, and was able to do some podcasting for AOL's Behind the Scenes in Mountain View (search iTunes for AOL Mountain View). I'll let you know when it gets published, but here is a list of cool & interesting folks and companies:


momo.jpgMike Rowehl (Co-Organizer of Mobile Monday): Mobile Monday is a grass roots organization that gets together the first Monday of every month to talk about issues of Mobility.


zazzleLogo.jpgJosh Elman (Product Manager): Zazzle is a market place where creative designers can display and sell their work. Check out the podcast to see how they are different from Cafe Press...ebay may have to move over soon!


standpoint.jpg Justin Smith(Founder): Standpoint is a real easy way to create a blog by stating a belief and building a case for it. It also allows you to find others in the community that share your beliefs. hmmm..sounds like the beginnings to a nice dating site or a place for budding lawyers to practice their articulation ;).


folderaLogo.jpgRichard Lusk(Founder) & Oliver Starr (CMO): Foldera is a new and easy way to access, organize and share your files seamlessly. They came all the way from Sunny Southern California to be here. Seems they will be heavily integrated with the phone, as they have Oliver Starr on board, author of Mobilecrunch. and you guys thought CMO stood for Chief Morale Officer ;). I got a snap of them flickring me as I was flickring them.


realTravel.jpgKen Leeder(Founder): Real Travel is a way where people looking to travel can not only find recommendations from real travelers, but also have an end-to-end experience of sharing their trip. You can find a ravishing review of Tahiti by yours truly ;)


....and of course the whole reason for the party....*drumroll*


Getting Naked...Robert Scoble & Shel Israel (Authors):See below for a more details of our interview, but they are the authors of Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers .


I'll let you guys know when the podcast is up. It was my first time podcasting, so I'm warning it could be rough. Maybe Mike will be able to work his magic ;).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU, were definately the coolest chick at the party.

Thanks for mentioning us.

hollyster said...

...well it's easy to be the coolest when you are around cool folks ;)

btw, I just signed up for a beta, so I'm looking forward to tyring it out!

Anonymous said...

Holly,
Have you read Naked Conversations or get invited based on contacts? If you need I have the book I'll send to you however I think Robert would like you to buy it ;-)

hollyster said...

Yup been reading the book. I got my name on the
wiki
, it actually got erased, but Michael Arrington was nice enough to put me on a private list even though he hadn't met me ;)