Sunday, February 19, 2006

Naked Conversation Madness

nakedConv.jpgSo I went to a the 5th Techcrunch Meetup which was the Launch Party for the book "Naked Conversations" (by Robert Scoble & Shel Israel). It's about how companies have changed their relationships with their customers through blogging. Robert started a *behind the scenes* show about Microsoft called Channel 9. The whole story has been great and inspiring I big company, who is trying to become more open.


I met Robert & Shel who were really cool down to earth guys, as Dossy was able to give me a good excuse ;). I was able to ask each of them two questions. Instead of re-inventing the wheel I decided to ask each of them the same questions. I will summarize (which can lead to intepretation) their answers, for their exact words, I'd check out the podcast:).


1.Who is one person/position you'd like to see start blogging?


Shel: Anyone who is in a position and able to (I like his all hands on deck approach)


Robert: George W. Bush (and I was hoping Fidel Castro)


2. At AOL, there are a number of employees who are on the cusp of blogging, what would tip or encouragement do you have to say for them to get them to start?


Shel: Just start blogging ;)

Robert: Start reading blogs, and seeing if you are interested in leaving comments; if not, perhaps blogging is not your bag.


Thank you Robert & Shel for your time.


...Will be getting the podcast out soon (hopefully it will turn out okay. Warning:it's a bit rough) ...You can check it out on iTunes: Search for AOL Mountain View, which is behind the scenes look at our crazy campus ;).


3 comments:

Dossy Shiobara said...

If you were able to get me an autographed copy of the book, let me know what I owe you and where to Paypal the funds ... and you can send it over through inter-office mail. I'll email you the mailstop info. privately, if so.

Also: I love the link title ... Thoughts from an Orgchart Slut -- awesome. I ph33r.

hollyster said...

man Dossy you ruined my post President's Day, Tuesday surprise ;). I was able to get ya a copy. I'll ping you tomorrow for the sordid details.

p.s. i figured you'd like your title... i think you deserve a promotion as a result...yet another orgchart change :)

hollyster said...

It's not that I have a lot to say, but a lot to wonder. That's the beauty of blogging is that you can get feedback, that is if people will read or comment...so thanks for commenting :)